Sunday, March 8, 2009

We Made It to Nanning

We flew out of Beijing at about 11:15 a.m. today and arrived in Nanning at around 2:30 p.m. Our guide and driver picked us up at the airport and drove us to our hotel. We're staying at the Nanning Wharton International Hotel. It's very nice. We checked into our room, unpacked, had dinner in a restaurant downstairs, and are back in for the night.

Our guide is taking us shopping at Wal-Mart at about 10:00 in the morning and then to the Civil Affairs Office to pick up baby Hugh at 3:00 p.m. I'm soooo excited to finally be getting him. I've already packed his diaper bag and picked him out an outfit to wear tomorrow. : )

One day this week, we'll travel to Liuzhou City, where he is from, and visit the orphanage and the place where he was found. I'm really looking forward to that.

Say a prayer for me that his transition will be as smooth as possible. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow night.

3 comments:

Janet Minor Buchanan said...

Jo, YOU GET TO GO SHOPPING AT WAL-MART! I bet it's not like the one in Mt. Vernon. That should be something to see.

I will say a prayer for you and baby Hugh. How excited you must be! I know the love that you already feel for this little boy that you have yet to meet. He does not know how fortunate he is for you to have picked him to be your son. And he has no idea how much joy he has already brought to your life. I will also pray for a smooth transition. Mom & baby Hugh will be fine. I love you both. JB

Vicki said...

Can't wait to see you all togeth We are saying prayers for a smooth transition!

Vicki P.

Jo Dawn Hooks said...

Janet and Vicki,

Thank you both for your thoughts and prayers. The transition could not have gone any better, and I am sooo thankful. Love you, Jo Dawn